Sunday 14 August 2011

Top 9s... GREAT CONCERTS I HAVE SEEN

I have been most fortunate to see many gigs in my time.
More than a thousand, I'd be happy to guesstimate. And 107 of them were in the pleasure of the company of Paul McCartney.
The majority have been amazing. There have been a few that were beyond bad, but I won't mention any names...Actually, I will. Please see below for two of the worst. Luckily, they were both freebies...





'The whole is more than the sum of its parts' never rang more true in the case of Robin Gibb (Melbourne, 2010).
As a Bee Gee, he is a third of a musical dynasty. 
On his own, sadly, he was goddamn awful. With a weak voice and little stage presence, it was - if you pardon the pun - a tragedy.
As my accompanying friend conveyed, "This is the worst concert I have ever seen...!"
I concur, Jodie. I concur...




And when Whitney (Wembley, 1991) began urging the audience to accompany her on 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands', I exited. Shortly after vomiting.
Twenty years on I still haven't forgotten how shitty it was. My sister is more fortunate. She doesn't even recall being at the gig...

No comments:

Post a Comment