Sunday 14 August 2011

Top 9s... GREAT CONCERTS I HAVE SEEN Queen Melbourne/Sydney April 1985




Aside from The Beatles, Queen have been my favourite band for as long as I can remember. They hadn't toured Australia for nearly a whole decade, so when it was announced in 1984 that they were to do four concerts each in Melbourne and Sydney, I packed myself off to the Entertainment Centre to line up for tickets. For three days and nights! It wasn't too bad. Several friends came by to keep me company and bring me refreshments. We even met Tom Jones who was performing there one evening.
Even being front of the line didn't guarantee me front row. I remember my ticket allocations for the four Melbourne shows. The rows spelt out B.A.B.E. Some lucky people had managed to procure their front row seats by simply calling up the ticket agency. Outrageous!! I did manage to be front row centre each night anyway. Freddie called me up on stage twice, but I was too shy! (True!)
And the lovely Brian invited me and a fellow fan up to see them in Sydney, hence the smashing passes shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment