Sunday 14 August 2011

Top 9s... GREAT CONCERTS I HAVE SEEN Paul McCartney O2, London 22nd December 2009










I could say pretty much any of the 100-plus times I have been lucky enough to witness a Macca performance was one of the best concerts I have seen.
Naturally.
But I am going to pick his show at the London O2 Centre a few days before Christmas 2009.
Paul was on top form and in very fine voice. My friend Yasu and I were front row centre (as we usually are...) and the whole place was rockin'.
The proverbial icing on the came came when he read out my silly sign.
Big thanks to Lynda G for recording it.
For historical reasons, I shall also include his gig at The Cavern in Liverpool in December 1999.
With only 75 pairs of tickets available to be won by the hoi polloi, chances of me being there were slim.
But, by incredible luck, I won two pairs!!
Security was unsurprisingly tight for the event, and it looked like two of the tickets were going to have to be given up.
After several discussions it was agreed I could keep three of the tickets if I gave the fourth one to Pete Best's brother, Roag.
Which I was more than happy to do.
Two ex-Paul buddies used up the other two, something I still occasionally feel a bit bitter about (no, really!)
Especially when I'm reminded how I was offered SIXTEEN THOUSAND POUNDS EACH for them!!
Perhaps a tiny consolation is that my ticket is still complete and undetached.
Yeah, right. Whatevs...


2 comments:

  1. What about the Macca gig you refused to give Madonna tickets to man???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is correct, Anonymous.
    I was told by The Cavern that even Madonna couldn't get a ticket to it. I told them, 'She's not having my ticket!', which is when it was agreed that Roag Best would get it...

    ReplyDelete